Younès Rahmoun is born in 1975, in Morocco. He lives and works in Tetouan.
Younès Rahmoun is a graduate of the National Institute of Fine Arts in Tetouan. The fact that he uses a variety of mediums that range from installations to drawings, new technologies to multimedia, is because his artistic projects are oriented towards an undeniable spirituality, a search for vocabulary translating his introspective universe.
His artwork, imprinted by universality, is nurtured by his daily life, beliefs, and experiences. As a proof, his actions are in direct link with the nature that integrate the elements of exhibition spaces, like the singular and multiplied constructions of a Ghorfa (“room” in Arabic and a replica of what his studio was at his family home) in the Rif and in several other places of the world.
• Website of the artist
• Galerie Imane Farès
• L’appartement 22
• “Younès Rahmoun, l’ouverture intérieure” interview with Tom Laurent
• “Les voyages en chambre de Younès Rahmoun” in Journal des Arts, 2018
• “Younès Rahmoun, un mystique à l’oeuvre très construite” in Diptyk n.9
• “Tout l’univers dans une graine” in Diptyk n.27
• “Younès Rahmoun, à l’ombre de l’olivier” in Diptyk n.28
• “Dans la maison de Younès Rahmoun” in Diptyk n.30